Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What are your weaknesses? How do you overcome them?

I'm always ready to learn new skills and adapt my methods to become better at what I do. If I become aware of a weakness in my knowledge base or in the way I perform my duties, I do my best to fill that gap whether through formal training, informal training, or directly from my colleagues.

Advice from the recruitment consultant
Avoid directly answering this question, if possible. Naming a weakness will only invite a response like If you're aware of this weakness, why haven't you taken corrective measures to fix it? A popular approach is to name a positive weakness such as I'm too persistent or I'm too ambitious . Make sure that your answer is sincere and not too glib, or you will be revealing a weakness without even knowing it.

No comments: